Saturday, July 10, 2010

we look outward

On Thursday our dog, Snowy, had a haircut. She's a toy poodle and is super tiny and cute. This is how she looked like when we first bought her.

I was never a fan of dogs when I was little, but ironically we always had dogs in the house. Ever since I could remember, we had a dog and sometimes, more than one. We went through breeds like it was the next trend. Dalmatian, German Shepherd, Dachschund, sometimes mixed breed street dogs, and many more. Never without a dog.

But just last year, I found myself fantasizing about buying a dog that I could pet, hug, cuddle and play with. And I didn't completely hate the idea. So last November, we bought a cute little 3 month old puppy and named her Snowy - because she was as white as snow. :))

Now we all know that hair grows really fast, and the first time we brought her to the salon, she looked like this afterwards.


In my opinion, NOT that cute at all.

I know that we shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, but I can't help it. I'd rather cuddle Snowy when her hair is long than when she looks like a prim poodle just after grooming.

I try my best to disregard the outward appearance and focus more on what's inside, but sometimes it's hard. I guess I have a thing about beauty and appearances.

No comments:

Post a Comment