It's my third year since I started this "tradition" of looking back on the year. I don't know why but this year has been very different. Good or bad? Read on.
What happened in 2013:
1. Sinulog happened! :)
2. Went to Boracay with friends! The last time I went was probably around 9 years ago? So I was really happy to be back.
3. Went to Hong Kong Fashion Week and it was a really good experience!
4. Finally graduated from my Fashion Merchandising course - which meant I had to look for a job ASAP.
5. Started doing yoga-lates every week and it has really helped me lose weight and gain muscles and arm and body strength!
6. Started a business with my cousin selling makeup on instagram! Go check us out! @beauty_source_ph ;)
7. Made even MORE friends which I am super thankful for. Honestly, I didn't really expect to still meet new people every single year. That is always a nice surprise. :)
8. Started joining Bible Study/Young Professional's group again after quite a long hiatus. I'm so happy to finally find a group where I can fit in and where I feel like I belong.
9. Got closer to friends who drifted apart a while back.
10. Traveled to Korea for the first time! I love the food and the scenery is just breathtaking. I should make it a point to go somewhere we've never been every year so we get to explore new places.
11. Had a cousin outing/teambuilding activity where we did extreme sports. And I am happy to say that I was able to face my fears. I guess I'm not such a scaredy cat as I thought I was.
12. Bohol, Cebu and other parts of Visayas were hit with a massive earthquake on October 15. That was one for the books..
13. Not that long after the earthquake, we were hit with super typhoon Yolanda which left so many people devastated.
What I'm thankful for in 2013:
1. I'm thankful for my family, as always. We may get mad at each other or annoy the heck out of each other but at the end of the day, nothing else compares. ❤
2. I'm thankful for friends, for the old and the new. As you grow older you realize who your real friends are and you treasure them even more.
3. In spite of the calamities, I am thankful for the Filipino spirit. I'm also thankful for the surrounding countries who have helped us immensely. Never forget what is most important in life.
4. For second chances, deserved or undeserved.
5. For friendships that have rekindled and grown.
6. For God's grace and mercy. He spared us, and especially Cebu, time and time again.
7. No harm came upon my family and friends. Everyone was a survivor.
What I'm looking forward to in 2014:
1. More travels abroad and more memories to create!
2. Looking forward to my friends getting married! (Hoping that there will be probably 3 weddings next year? I'm just assuming. LOL)
3. Landing my dream job!!!!
4. More learnings, more life lessons, more experiences.
5. An even deeper walk with God. I'm looking forward to learning more and more about Him.
6. Hoping for more priceless moments.
I'm not going to say that I feel 2014 is "the year" and all that because I don't want to keep my hopes up, only to see it crushed when the year ends. So I will look forward to the future, embrace it with open arms and leave all the bad memories behind. As the last day of 2013, I think I spent it well. :)
Cheers to the New Year! 2014, I'm SO READY for you!
Monday, December 30, 2013
We surprised one of our friends with a baby shower during our High School Christmas Party and thanks to her husband and everyone's cooperation, we were able to pull it off. It was just a simple gathering with a few decorations but it was a great night. :)
How cute are the cupcakes???
Tuesday, December 17, 2013
The thing about me and traveling is that I always like to dress comfortably. Almost always, I choose functionality over trying to look good. I guess the practical side of me comes out during my travels. But of course, I do try my very best to still look stylish. ;)
Saturday, December 14, 2013
Every time I hear the words "Suit Up" I immediately think of Barney Stinson (from How I Met Your Mother). That line has become his famous tagline that I can't remember a time when it was uttered without reference to Barney. That's how influential and iconic the series has become. Well, in my opinion anyway. ;)
Monday, December 9, 2013
Wednesday, November 20, 2013
Last November 8, super typhoon Yolanda a.k.a. Haiyan visited the Philippines and not in a good way. It left a lot of cities devastated and thousands of people homeless and starving. It's been over a week but I hope we won't stop helping our brothers and sisters in need. There is always a reason for everything. We may never know the reasons why, but God knows and in the end it is all for the best. I'm glad that Cebu was spared from any grave damage but my heart goes out to everyone in Tacloban, Samar, Iloilo and Northern Cebu. I'm sure everyone has heard stories from friends, the media, and hearsay. Instead of being so negative or complaining about what's happening, I hope everyone will turn it into positivity to bring hope to those affected.
Friday, November 1, 2013
Happy Halloween! How was your night like?
I'm usually never in Cebu when Halloween rolls around and so this time I had the chance to actually take part in the festivities!
I honestly didn't plan on dressing up this year and this was a last minute decision! I had about 3 hours to come up with a costume and so the only thing I could think of was make a flower crown and voila! I am... can you guess? ;)
|Me as Lana del Rey|
It was such a fun night! I'm already thinking about my costume for next year. Hey, it's better to be prepared! ;)
Tuesday, October 29, 2013
Last October 15, a devastating earthquake hit Bohol, Cebu and other parts of the Visayas. My family and I were very fortunate because we were abroad and were not able to experience this particular quake. We had one already last year, but it was nothing compared to this one. From the pictures I saw on the internet, to the stories my friends told me about that day, one can only imagine what it felt like. But you would never really know what it felt like unless you experience it first-hand.
But I'm so glad that so many people are willing to help our brothers and sisters in need. Bohol needs help the most because it is the epicenter of the quake. I hope that my Filipino readers will do their part to help - donate cash, food, supplies, anything you can give.
Now on to my outfit.
I mentioned above that my family and I were on vacation two weeks ago (will blog about that soon), and I was so happy to find a bag that looked like the 3.1 Phillip Lim Pashli.
I have been obsessing over that bag for months and months and when I finally had the chance to buy it in Hong Kong, I was heartbroken because the bag weighed a TON. It was soooo heavy and it didn't even have anything inside. No matter how much I loved it and how beautiful the bag was, I ended up not buying because I didn't want to break my arm by carrying a ridiculously heavy bag. So I said, "hey, I'll just learn to un-love the bag". But I didn't.
Seeing it pop-up on instagram or on blogs and magazines made me want it even more. You know, wanting something you can never have - that kind of feeling. So when I stumbled upon this bag at Forever21 in Korea, I was elated. Here's a bag that looks like the Pashli, minus the weight! Hoorayyyyyy! And it came in a really pretty green color too!
Dress - Forever 21
Shoes - Zara
Bag - Forever 21