What happened in 2014:
1. Attended my first ever church camp! Better late than never!
2. Strengthened friendships and I hope they will remain strong!
3. Opened my doors to friends whom I didn't really care for before. It has been an eye opening experience.
4. Finally I kinda know what my dream job is! Opening an RTW boutique for wedding gowns next year and I could not be happier! I am one step closer to becoming the career woman I always wanted to be!
5. I am now a Sunday School teacher!!! And it is such a joy to be working with kids - ages 4 to 6. Yes they can be a handful though and some days my energy level just goes from 100 to -1,000 in a span of 2 hours but it's really rewarding especially when your students just hug you or appreciate you. Have I mentioned I really love kids? :)
6. After 5 years, finally another high school classmate tied the knot this year! And we got to experience a Boracay beach wedding at that!
7. About 4 of my friends are engaged and I'm expecting so many weddings next year. I'm so happy for them!
8. Was able to go on a local trip (to Ilocos) with friends and I tried sand boarding and (kinda scary) ATV around the "desert".
9. I am now a proud aunt of 2 beautiful nieces - 1 from each side of the family! The coming years will also be baby-filled and I am sooooo looking forward to that! *I love kids*
10. I've been more active in Church and serving more through Sunday School and occasionally leading Praise & Worship. To God be the glory!
11. I feel that this year I have grown even closer to God and I love it! I am looking forward to next year and how sweet our relationship will get. :)
12. There were a few tries but they did not last very long. I guess they were not the right ones yet.
13. Another place to check off of my bucket list. I finally went to London! It has been on my list for quite some time and I am glad that somehow, I can tick off these places one by one.
14. I was able to see one of my friends from Beijing. I rarely see her and I was so glad she came to Cebu during Sinulog. It was a bit difficult to meet her but we prevailed.
15. Made a pact/vow to myself on January 25 and until now, I have kept my promise. That was a "no turning back" moment for me which I'm glad I decided on. It has made me a better person.
16. 3 of my close friends have left Cebu in search of work elsewhere, which has been bittersweet. You know that it's for their own good and you are happy for them, but also you can't help but be selfish and think "why is everyone leaving?"
17. This year I have reached my ideal weight. Looking back at past pictures I did not realize I grew to a size that was considerably "fat" in my dictionary, although it's just actually a bit chubby in real life lingo.
18. This year was also the first year I helped out during Vacation Bible School - sort of like a week long "class" for kids in Sunday School.
What I'm thankful for in 2014:
1. I'm thankful that this year I have found friends who double as accountability partners who have helped me with my walk with the Lord.
2. Every year I always think that the next year will be my year, BUT this year I believe that God has given me wisdom and discernment to truly understand that I was just being naive all those years. So I'm thankful for every little thing - heartbreak, broken expectation, shattered dream - that happened this year because it has prepared me to become better.
3. I'm super thankful for all the blessings! This year I got to change some parts of me that I did not like and I'm getting on the road to betterment.
4. Again, I gained even MORE friends. God doesn't seem to be running out of people to put in my life any time soon, and for that I am forever grateful!
What I'm looking forward to in 2015:
1. I'm so looking forward to my business growing and being prosperous for 2015! I'm excited to see how this goes.
2. Seeing my close friends get married and many more getting engaged!
3. Seeing my own dreams coming to life and getting my happy ending as well. :)
4. More trips to new and unchartered places where we've never been to before.
5. More trips to see friends too since some more friends are leaving :(
Funny enough, this time I think I'm sure. I think it's time. (If it doesn't work out I will be laughing at myself at the end of next year for being so bold and assuming about the future but whatever. I will feel the shame and embarrassment later on. Haha.) All roads lead up to this moment. I think I am ready. And so, 2015 will truly be my year.
In 2015, Valerie will get all that she has been hoping for!
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!