It's my third year since I started this "tradition" of looking back on the year. I don't know why but this year has been very different. Good or bad? Read on.
What happened in 2013:
1. Sinulog happened! :)
2. Went to Boracay with friends! The last time I went was probably around 9 years ago? So I was really happy to be back.
3. Went to Hong Kong Fashion Week and it was a really good experience!
4. Finally graduated from my Fashion Merchandising course - which meant I had to look for a job ASAP.
5. Started doing yoga-lates every week and it has really helped me lose weight and gain muscles and arm and body strength!
6. Started a business with my cousin selling makeup on instagram! Go check us out! @beauty_source_ph ;)
7. Made even MORE friends which I am super thankful for. Honestly, I didn't really expect to still meet new people every single year. That is always a nice surprise. :)
8. Started joining Bible Study/Young Professional's group again after quite a long hiatus. I'm so happy to finally find a group where I can fit in and where I feel like I belong.
9. Got closer to friends who drifted apart a while back.
10. Traveled to Korea for the first time! I love the food and the scenery is just breathtaking. I should make it a point to go somewhere we've never been every year so we get to explore new places.
11. Had a cousin outing/teambuilding activity where we did extreme sports. And I am happy to say that I was able to face my fears. I guess I'm not such a scaredy cat as I thought I was.
12. Bohol, Cebu and other parts of Visayas were hit with a massive earthquake on October 15. That was one for the books..
13. Not that long after the earthquake, we were hit with super typhoon Yolanda which left so many people devastated.
What I'm thankful for in 2013:
1. I'm thankful for my family, as always. We may get mad at each other or annoy the heck out of each other but at the end of the day, nothing else compares. ❤
2. I'm thankful for friends, for the old and the new. As you grow older you realize who your real friends are and you treasure them even more.
3. In spite of the calamities, I am thankful for the Filipino spirit. I'm also thankful for the surrounding countries who have helped us immensely. Never forget what is most important in life.
4. For second chances, deserved or undeserved.
5. For friendships that have rekindled and grown.
6. For God's grace and mercy. He spared us, and especially Cebu, time and time again.
7. No harm came upon my family and friends. Everyone was a survivor.
What I'm looking forward to in 2014:
1. More travels abroad and more memories to create!
2. Looking forward to my friends getting married! (Hoping that there will be probably 3 weddings next year? I'm just assuming. LOL)
3. Landing my dream job!!!!
4. More learnings, more life lessons, more experiences.
5. An even deeper walk with God. I'm looking forward to learning more and more about Him.
6. Hoping for more priceless moments.
I'm not going to say that I feel 2014 is "the year" and all that because I don't want to keep my hopes up, only to see it crushed when the year ends. So I will look forward to the future, embrace it with open arms and leave all the bad memories behind. As the last day of 2013, I think I spent it well. :)
Cheers to the New Year! 2014, I'm SO READY for you!