Saturday, December 14, 2013

Suit Up







Every time I hear the words "Suit Up" I immediately think of Barney Stinson (from How I Met Your Mother). That line has become his famous tagline that I can't remember a time when it was uttered without reference to Barney. That's how influential and iconic the series has become. Well, in my opinion anyway. ;)




It was my friend's birthday party and he got this really nice place so he wanted everyone to dress up and dress appropriately. It was a good turn out, with about 80% of the guests all dressed to the nines. A different kind of party from what we were normally used to.



The night before, I was racking my brains out wondering what would be suitable to be called "suited up" and I decided on this pretty number. I love the print of the dress and the length is just perfect. Being tall and all, I prefer dresses that are of "modest" length that is both sexy and proper at the same time. The best part of this dress though is definitely the cut-outs! Cut-out dresses are one way of being sexy but still keep the modesty, especially if you are shy about exposing yourself too much. 



With the birthday boy!

Dress - Topshop
Shoes - Zara
Clutch Bag - Call It Spring



No comments:

Post a Comment