Saturday, January 14, 2012

A little taste of winter

Spent 4 wonderful days in Hong Kong! It's still "winter" over there so I was glad for the change of weather, at least I could use my blazers and jackets without dying of the heat. We took the late night flight and arrived at HKIA around 1:30 am. 

Jeanne and me

The boys! (L-R: Lorenzo, Kenny and Anderson)

We were staying at our friends place in Yau Ma Tei which is actually an office so we had to wait until around 8 am before we could leave the airport! We found benches and tried our very best to get some sleep but around 4 or 5 am the airport air condition got so cold that it was hard to go back to sleep. We spent our morning shopping at the City Gate outlet in Tung Chung. Being a "regular" of Hong Kong, I'm happy that I also got to go to places that I've never been to before! It was a refreshing change of scenery. :) I've been going to Hong Kong every year ever since I was 12 years old? I can't really remember. But we always stop by Hong Kong when we can. Go figure, I guess we just love to shop?? :))

First MTR ride!

Day 2 was Ocean Park day and we tried almost all the rides. (Well, they tried. I'm a bit of a scaredy cat.. :| )




one of the new rides, The Flash
Beijing's Happy Valley also had a ride like this one. It's like a pendulum that swings around, a full 360 degrees! And for like 5 seconds, you're suspended in the air, upside down, seeing the sea and everything else around you. So scary!

we survived!

hair raiser roller coaster!


On the third day we went to the Peak and Madame Tussauds then shopping afterwards! 

on the way to the peak

edward cullen! ♥♥♥


super tired!
On the last day we basically went anywhere we wanted. Since it was a free day, the girls and boys separated. I think we went to Hong Kong at the perfect time because ALL the stores were ON SALE! :) H&M, Zara, Monki, Mango, Bershka, Pull and Bear, Cotton On, you name it! I had to still keep my clear head on and not get too overwhelmed with the sales. What can I say, I love a good sale. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment