Saturday, April 23, 2011

putting the holy in holy week

For the past 2 days, i have been at home bumming around, playing computer games, watching tv series and reading magazines. I owned my time. I didn't have anything to do, no place to be, and certainly no work to do. But I was doing things for myself, I made this week into "me" time instead of His time.

Today I met up with the Pastor who was going to baptize me tomorrow. After years of no's, it was finally time for a yes. I find it really significant that I will be baptized on Easter Sunday, exactly the day when Jesus was resurrected from the dead. After all, "...to live is Christ and to die is gain." 


I think that everything worked out perfectly after all. In God's perfect timing He made all this possible! I am really excited and nervous at the same time. Excited that finally, I will be able to let the whole world know that I am a Christian, born-again and saved by grace through faith. Nervous because I do not know what to expect, nervous because I will again become a new person - someone who should mimic Christ Jesus.

I had a really meaningful afternoon and I believe that I will take all that I learned and I will carry it around with me everyday. I promise to be more devoted to Christ and to be more serious. I promise to cut off ties with my old ways and look forward to the future and what lies ahead, how short the time may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment