Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Hello, 2013!

I started writing about my expectations about the new year last year, and I feel like I want to continue this "tradition" of recalling what happened and how the year has changed my life. :)


What happened in 2012:


  1. Finally went to New York - something I can cross of my bucket list! New York is one of the most beautiful cities I've ever been to and I'm pretty sure I'll be back again.
  2. Was able to travel abroad with friends! Something I was looking forward to in last year's post.
  3. 3 of my cousins got married this year! 
  4. I went back to school, taking up Fashion Merchandising, and I absolutely love it ❤💙 I learned how to sew, make my own clothes, draw/sketch (although not perfectly), and design collections.
  5. Went to Philippine Fashion Week
  6. Watched Showtime live on set!
  7. Watched the Jonas Brothers in concert here in Cebu (I am a fan. Guilty!)
  8. Met new people, made new friends 😊
  9. I received lessons this year. I learned that probably 90% of the time, your mother is always right. She was the one who encouraged me to take up fashion and I'm very grateful! 

What I'm thankful for in 2012:


  1. Thankful for new friends. I never expected to still be able to meet new people and culminate deep friendships even after college, but I'm surprised as to how the world tells me differently!
  2. Trials that have made me stronger
  3. Thankful that this year, there have been good changes in my life and with the people around me. 
  4. Thankful that I have a God who is gracious and forgiving. I've had some mistakes this year that I thought I could never forgive myself for, but He has forgiven me and shown me that I can forgive myself as well!


What I'm looking forward to in 2013:


  1. More trips abroad with family! :)
  2. I still look forward and hope to land my dream job working in the fashion world, not necessarily as a fashion designer.
  3. Chances and wonderful opportunities!
  4. I look forward to those doors that will open up with endless possibilities


I feel like 2013 is THE year for me, be it in whatever aspect of my life. I think (and hope) that this will be the year for me and I'll cross my fingers to that! 

Happy New Year Everyone! I hope 2013 brings you love, happiness, lasting relationships and best of all, I hope that your walk with God will only get stronger. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment