Tuesday, December 6, 2011

one year ago today

A year ago today, my grandfather passed away suddenly (I should say) of throat cancer. So now we are "celebrating" his one year death anniversary. 

We had lunch at the Radisson Blu hotel - 50% off on buffet every Tuesday! I know I haven't been blogging lately but I promise to get back on the blogging horse soon! :)







Top-Zara | Skirt-F21 | Bag-H&M | Shoes-Dorothy Perkins

I wanted to dress for the occasion and so I chose this off-white sheer top I got in Singapore last month and paired it with a black and white skirt. I didn't want to wear heels since I knew we were going to be doing a lot of walking, plus it was raining and the cemetery was a grassy area so I had to be on the safe side. I added a pop of color with my necklace and I was all set! 


Later in the afternoon we had a mass for my Grandpa and Grandma. They passed away 2 years apart. 


Let's see, a year ago today, I was in Beijing and was absent for school because I went out the night before and the weather was sooooo cold that time. I woke up to the sound of my cellphone ringing and I found out that my grandpa died just that morning. I hadn't seen him ever since I left 4 months ago so I was really devastated that I couldn't get to say goodbye to him at all. I had to leave for the Philippines the next day. 

I rushed to school to make arrangements for my visa (to no avail) and went around campus to look for an internet cafe that could print out my ticket (again, I think this was to no avail either). I packed in the afternoon and after dinner spent some time with my friends who tried to cheer me up and console me. We met at this favorite Korean restaurant (which right now, I don't remember the name) and talked about anything and everything. I went home around past midnight and got up at 8 am for my 12pm flight back home. All in all, it was one heck of a blur of events. 

What about you guys? Do you remember what you were doing a year ago today?



Have a happy week guys :)






No comments:

Post a Comment