Sunday, May 1, 2011

30 day cleanse

I've noticed lately that people are so focused lately on worldly things and I too have been drawn into that hole. So, I have decided to go on a 30 day spiritual cleanse - which means:

1. No reading of magazines
2. No reading of blogs (I'm sorry. It's nothing personal, but I feel it's part of the process)
3. No checking celebrity gossip sites
4. No checking lookbook/chictopia (i promise to check your looks after a month guys!)
5. No online shopping (this just had to be on the list!)

I  know it may seem a bit too over the top, but I felt like everything I do lately has been revolving around names, brands and the likes. Who's wearing what, who has this and who has that, and I don't like the person I am becoming.

Sometimes it's good to take a break from the world and see yourself for who you really and actually are - without all the other things around you. So I look forward to a month of watching movies, reading books, and just focusing on more important things for a change and I really hope it makes all the difference :)

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean! sometimes, err, make it oftentimes, i feel really guilty whenever i feel like my happiness now mostly depends on getting/buying something and i don't feel good about it at all. but this challenge is really difficult (i don't think i can survive it, lol) kudos to you for having the strength and the courage to make a personal change. Good luck! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! :) it is really hard but i'm hoping i can get through it :)

    ReplyDelete